Knot publishes poetry, prose, essays, and book reviews. For consideration, all author’s works must be Middle Eastern in nature. However, author’s do not have to be of Middle Eastern descent.
Knot highly encourages works in the author’s native language followed by an English translation.
Editorial decisions are based on the quality of all submitted works.
knot is now taking submissions for our winter 2012 issue
Knot does accept previously published work.
- Submit 3-5 poems at a time. Each poem should be in the body of your email.
- Fiction: Submit one work of fiction only, and nothing over 3500 words. Fiction must be in Times New Roman, Ariel, or Verdana typeface 12pt.
- Please do not submit more work if we are still considering your previous submission.
- All work must include a cover letter with biographical information.
- Make sure your entire submission is submitted in one email to email@example.com
- All work MUST be single-spaced for consideration.
- Do not use ALL CAPS, even for your titles.
- Work MUST be inclusive to your email as we will not and do not accept text attachments, only photo attachments.
- Please include a recent photograph as a .jpeg or .gif attachment
Knot Magazine will notify you between 2-5 months if your work has been accepted, this depends on the amount of works submitted to our magazine. At this time, Knot cannot pay for work accepted, however, we are aiming for this in the future.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING
When you submit material to Knot Magazine, you affirm that you have read our submission guidelines and agree to these guidelines. Guidelines are subject to change without notice.
By submitting your material, you are agreeing that you are the sole author, and also, maintain all rights for your work. If your work is accepted by Knot, we obtain the rights to publish and reproduce your material. We reserve the right to discard without notice submissions that do not follow our submission policies.
SUBMIT ALL WORK TO firstname.lastname@example.org